Saturday, July 5, 2008

June Kit is Here! Buttons, Bows 'n' More!

Hey! I have a question! When does a mini become a mega? Kit-wise that is? Is there an "in-between" size? I think i'm headed toward the mega-end this month, but it doesn't really feel like it.

In addition to actually scrapping some LOs (for my son's graduation and two more additions to my mother's day blog), I have been studying PSP like MAD this month. Had to go back to PSE/PSCS2 for finishing touches, but boy, I learned a lot, and you have benefited (ROFL), again, in this month's kit. I still have NO idea what to do with buttons--except use them to make other things--which is probably why i never did paper scrapping--just not creative enough YET! I'm still taking "classes" at Digital Scrapping Class and i'm blasting through classes at a Yahoo group called Stepping Stones through PSP. Those people are as serious as tacks on a chair, chil'ren. One of the things we did in the 2nd level of the class was to make a plaid seamless tile, which i used to make the red and blue plaid papers in this kit (the blue is the red overlaid with the beige color in the challenge swatch, with "difference" blend applied--KEWL!); in this class, students are required to watermark all work and i mistakenly used my watermarked tile to create the paper. I kept wondering what those blotches were in the background, LOL.

Brandy O'Neal (of MegadoodleInspired) is a treasure! I finally stepped up with my own bow this month, so didn't use Megabow, but i needed a couple of red/orange papers to fill out my offering, and guess what! Yep, the PaperMaker! I think that woman reads my mind. She asks if we want anything, but i never tell her what i want. Apparently my fairy godmother (or someone else's fairy godmother) is shouting in her ear at least once a month! Thanks, again, Brandy.

As many of you know, the DSO site was down at the end of last month (oooooo i just checked, and it's BAAAAACCCKKKK!), and you also know that i am usually the last to get my work in. Well, I didn't get there before the site closed, but i will be ready when it opens again. In the meantime, i'm gonna post all my stuff here, just because! This layout uses papers and ribbons from my kit, but also displays frames that i created in my Stepping Stones class. I've created a PSP tutorial for the frame that alternates metal with leather (and the tutorial includes a hanger as well), which i may post someday if there is any interest; the other frame is just one i experimented with. The flowers are photos i took then practiced different art media effects on one of them. Liked them better than the picture i took (i bet you can tell which is which, right? LOL!)...



As for last month's fun, how many of you discovered the 4 flowers? Kim said she found one. Well, here they are, my odd "mayflowers" (oooo the stem on that duck is awful! How come sumbuddy didn't tell me? Awww! Y'all so sweet and kind! i'll try to be more on my toes!:



Alright my friends, thanks for looking! Here's the kit! Click the preview to get a better (or at least bigger) look!



This kit contains:
12 papers/fabrics
5 12" straight ribbons
5 folded ribbons
6 bows
5 button-headed stickpins
15 buttons
3 chipboard alphas (one pristine!)

All items at 300dpi. All papers/fabrics at 3600x3600 pixels (12"x12" at 300dpi)

Okay, here are the links, split up. Not toooooo bad this time, LOL!

Buttons, Bows 'n' More (BBnM)
BBnMBluePapers (~18.5 MB) Fixed! Thank you, Patsy!
BBnMRedPapers (~19.6 MB)
BBnMElements (~22.6 MB) Fixed! Thank you, Patsy!
Hope you find something you like! Again, thanks for looking, and no comments or thank yous required (but, of course, always read and appreciated--'specially if i've made a mistake)!

Designer Credits
Striped papers (labeled MDI...) from Megadoodle Inspired Papermaker 2008 © Brandy O'Neal, as well as the MDI Preview Action 3: those circles are off the hook! (http://megadoodleinspired.blogspot.com/)

"Stucco" overlay for beige paper 2008 ©Cyndi Wetmiller of Wetfish Designs (http://www.wetfishscraps.blogspot.com/)

Thanks forever to the former Ephemeral Victorian for Stickpins 2007 ©Scrap Girl (www.craftydesignz.co.uk--Stickpins are no longer available)

Grunge brush on the Chipboard Alpha 1 and one of the ribbons ©Kathryn Balint http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/cgi-script/tutorials/publish/article_614.shtml.

Thanks to Atomic Cupcake for tissue action.

Tutorials from all over the web, but particularly from Digital Scrapping Class http://www.freewebs.com/digitalscrappingclass/dscpcart.htm !

All items 2008 © LovinLifeGurl aka Denise Tillman, within the permissions granted by artists, above.

Blessings,
LLG

3 comments:

abhall76 said...

Thank you very much for the kit!

Magicmaker said...

Hi! I've just given you an award, it's in my blog.

Hugz, Lei at http://fairydustprincess-magicmaker.blogspot.com/

Mabelle said...

Hi Gurl! I just "awarded" you in my blog! Please come and visit! I just uploaded a great pack too!