Ok, Ok, Mother's Day is over, and my being sick is no reason not to have gotten this done. But here it is. Keep coming back because there will be at least 3 more additions to this page! But first:


My Mommeee. My birthmother died when i was six. Whenever this woman is not in my life i truly feel like a motherless child. She accuses my sister and i of kickin her to the curb cause neither of us is the communicative type (and i hate the phone!), but i hope she knows that we love her deeply, and call NO ONE ELSE, "Mommeeeeee!"
I love this woman, and if you click on the picture, you should be able to read the journaling and see the fuzzy pictures a bit more clearly. I think this woman looks younger every year! I am so glad she is in my life (even though we do not see each other enough!)...
Designer Credits:
Journal from KsharonKDesigns' Scruffy kit, all other from Denise Tillman's Adinkra: Faith Hope Love kit.
Ok, so today is June 24 already and i'm just posting 2 more of my Mother's Day posts. sigh...
She Believes...
This is my baby sis, although i suppose neither of us could be called baby any more. She now has 2 grandchildren, and she still looks very much like this picture, as you can see on previous posts. I always see her as warm, very beautiful, very intelligent, very strong.
Although she has not had an easy life (really, this is a serious understatement), she is yet a woman of great faith, of great belief. She fully takes on that spirit of forgiving 70x7 and more. She steadfastly holds to what SHE knows to be true, regardless of whatever anyone else sees as truth. She has survived cancer. She has raised two fine men who love their mother even though their paths may differ. She says she loves me--and i believe her--even though our paths differ greatly. I treasure the visits i have with her even though they are so infrequent. And i love her. Whenever i speak of her, I almost always find a way to point out her great faith and belief, because this is how i see her. She is the very model for it. I am so pleased, proud, amazed, and in awe of this wonderful woman, my sister, my great nieces' grandmother, my nephews' Mother. God bless her always.

Designer Credits: "Believe" QP from MS Rubia's "Watercolor Dreams--Isabel Collection"; "sewn tag" from MS Rubia's "Watercolor Dreams--Isabel Collection: Dream".
I Still Miss My Mother...
i really don't know that i'll ever get over it. How different life might have been with her in it. Please take a moment to read the journaling: you can see it okay if you click on the image on the page: it will open up to a larger one. I don't have a lot more to say about this: her life also was not easy, but she too was very faithful, and I believe, loving. Maybe i will have more to say on another day. I know, Mother, that if we should meet again someday, as scripture says, we may neither know each other or really care about how our past lives jntertwined or the parts we played in it. In heaven, as on earth, we live in the place we inhabit. We will ALL be changed--that's what we pray for--that wonderful change. But, remembering you as i do, i hope to meet you and become acquainted with the new you! Still, i miss you now...

Design credits: All from MS Rubia's "Watercolor Dreams-Isabel Collection": background from the "Free" pack; jounal tag from "Isabel's Journal Tag" pack; word art from "Isabel's Mom #2"; oh, frame by me.
Still to come: Mama (Grandmother Little-McFern), Mom (Anna May)







2 comments:
I love this post about Mommeee. People come into our lives, sometimes for a moment, or a season or for a lifetime - but they come in to help us in some way.
I think the greatest gift we can give back to those people is to recognize their value in our lives.
What a lovely Mother's Day tribute.
Love, Kirby
Ok- you know how to get the lumps going! Gee's woman- your journaling is just amazing! And when it comes straight from the heart like that it's just powerful!
I can also tell you that you have touched a few *cords* here in parallel to my own life with these LO's ( but you know that too)- and I can't thank you enough for sending me the link!
I'll chat again soon - REMIND ME!
sending hugs and loves
Me
Post a Comment