Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dots-n-Twirls Add-on Kit



Hi everyone! Well, seems that having turned in my homework (see yesterday's post), i felt free-er to play. I went back to look at the things i began experimenting with for the contest--some stripes in different combinations--hey, this could have been called Twisted Stripes!--but discarded cause nothing usable popped to the surface. But when i went back today, the first thing i saw was a square that i had positioned 4 different ways, like a pinwheel, and i couldn't get pinwheels out of my mind!

So i went searching for a pinwheel tut after pulling my hair out for several hours trying to make a go of this with AV Bros Page Curl. I just couldn't get the dots to come together. I have recently purchased a membership to Al Ward's ActionFx Photoshop Resources (best $30 i ever spent), so when a google search directed me there, i was happy. Then I found out that this tutorial was FREE! So go check it out, on the AFX free tutorial movie pages. The pinwheel that i cobbed together with AV Bros Page Cur and the one i did with Al's instruction are both included in the kit: can you tell which is which? And can i say that the pinwheel is simple, Simple, SIMPLE! I felt so stupid, although he did give some good tips about shading, but still....

Then i needed a stick. Al's pinwheel had a metallic look/feel and so did the stick; i wanted wooden, so i went looking for a wooden texture tut and found this Stylized Wood Texture tutorial. All i can say is this competition has led me to a lot of learning this week. I'm feeling a little knowledgeable--it's sorta scary! Oh, why am i doing all this research and not using all the CU i have, including wooden styles and grayscale pinwheels? I am trying to prepare, just in case i get to whatever round calls for NO CU! I want to be ready! And even if i don't move forward, I'll be ready to do more kits for YOU!

Here are the preview and the download links:

Click the image to see more detail!

Download the kit here: Dots-n-Twirls Add-on (~50MB)

Dots-n-Twils Add-on contains:
5 papers
1 quickpage
1 brad
1 pin with holes
1 swag cluster
2 straight ribbons, 2 styles, different colors
1 twisted ribbon, 2 colors
1 ribbon frame
2 flowers
1 pitted metal ring, 2 colors, different sizes
2 pinwheels with sticks
2 lined journal tags, different sizes and colors

All items at 300dpi. All papers at 3600x3600 pixels (12"x12" at 300dpi)
Please read my TOU, which can be found in each folder in the download, before using this kit, and thank you for abiding by the terms.

It was a blast! Thanks for looking!

LLG Denise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 5 post on Sep. 06, 2009. Thanks again.