Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Papaya's Garden - DSO Color Challenge, June 2009

I have been working HARD! I have had a lot of motivation this month, and i'm hoping it keeps up!

If you have followed my journal oh for the past year, you will have met Papaya! Papaya is her grandmother's (my sister's) dear-name for her. I sadly still have not met her yet, and SHE now has a darling little sister. I'm told they are quite fond of each other! N.E. Hoooo, I finally broke down and got an account with facebook so that i could get pictures of my sister, her children and grand children, and it has been wonderful to see all of this "growing up" happening. Not only are there pictures of Papaya and her mother and father (my nephew and neice-in-law), but pictures of her cousin, Nevaeh (heaven spelled backwards) and HER father and mother (my other nephew and neice-in-law), and she's expecting a little bro/sis later this year as well.

I have only had old pictures to scrap since i began digital scrapping (my son does not like to have his picture took, but i've gotten some shots, and you have seen some of him on this blog). I cannot say how often i will do layouts, but i plan to create kits with all the children in mind, and maybe some of the adults too. We'll see.

But this one, "Papaya's Garden", was made with Papaya and her mother, Quida, in mind. Quida was bound and determined to get a garden in this year! She's planted basil, tomatoes and peppers, and maybe even more stuff. So there are papers and elements that have these items incorporated somehow. The colors that Kim B.--always an inspiration, Kim!--chose for this month's challenge fit great, and i went to the great color wizard and found some complementary colors that worked as well. The colors don't always display as expected on the web, and i will be paying more attention to that in future. But I think the colors work and display well, and i am happy.

I already showed my family a picture of Papaya in the round scalloped frame from this kit. I've also created a layout that shows Papaya and Quida having "mommy time" in the garden. click the picture to see it better, if you like!


Within the next week or so, as i have time, i will work on a kit for Nevaeh, called "Heaven Sent". Apple of her parents' eyes, she is that, and i can't wait to get that one out here. Will also work on a fathers themed kit for MSS' member DAK (design a kit) and scrap my nephews and their father in action with the children. I hope you'll come back and take a look!

Thank you for dropping by to look at my work. I am happy to take constructive suggestions and tips. Be NICE with your tips and suggestions! and Thanks in advance for them.

Here's "Papaya's Garden"! Click the image to see a larger version.


Download here: LLG_PsG_mini-kit (~35MB)

This mini kit, for personal use/S4H and/or S4O only (please read my Terms of Use included in the download), contains:

6 papers
8 borders
8 brads
2 stickpins
3 bows
3 tags
4 frames
All items rendered at 300dpi. All full size papers at 3600x3600 pixels (12"x12" at 300dpi); borders are also 12"/3600 pixels across.

Designer credits

As always, my thanks to those who provide commercial use products and do not require (but appreciate) credit. Regardless of whether it is required, I am happy to give it!
Preview packaging from Luiza Garay Designs, LG Packaging #110 and132.
Parsley (tag), Basil and Bay Leaf (bouquet) from Shades of Gina
Bows from brushes by Hawksmount Universe.
Dark and Pastel Felt styles from Bannerwoman.
Thanks to Atomic Cupcake for gel and painted wood actions.
Other clipart (royalty-free) from clipart.com and Dover.
Everything else made from scratch by little ol' me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Jun [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 24 Jun [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

makeyesup said...

Great job on the color challenge kit, thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Cinco de Mayo Theme post on Jun. 24, 2009. Thanks again.

TerriK said...

Thank you for sharing your great kit!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this lovely kit

Kim B said...

OMG, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- you back-lol
Even if it's just this month- hee hee
OMG Denise she is just toooo dang cute and so glad you have joined facebook to keep in contact and see photo's of them growing up!

Great job on the kit too- clever girl using the comp colours! hahaha
LOVE IT!!

MWAH