Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Play Time in "Grandmother's House"!



Today I got a sneak peak at Derek M. Designs' new kit, "Grandmother's House". I love it! I love houses, especially big ones, and when i'm on vacation, i take long walks and take hundreds of pictures of houses, old and new, big and small, but specially big!

Two years ago, I was walking on the New York side of Lake Champlain and took the pictures you see in this layout. It was an eclectic bunch of houses on this one strip facing the marina.

So, i finally get to play with these photographs in ways i never imagined. Here is the layout. Don't forget to click to get a more detailed view.


Designer credits for this LO:

The "Letters" paperweight, courtesy of and © Anneli Andersson of My Attic Treasures.

Pens created from royalty-free clip art and have Snapper McGaughey's Metal Band Styles applied. These styles are freeware from Adobe Exchange, and Snapper says there, "There are no restrictions on the use of any of my styles, so enjoy!" So I am, and i hope you will, too.

I used PanosFX's deck action to create the stack of envelope fronts, but the other "stacks" of things, i riffled by mouse.

Thanks to Atomic Cupcake for the crumple and tea-stain actions on the stamp, and the rust action on the title.

Frame, photocorners, and papers for the background and for the notepaper and envelopes are from Derek's fabulous new "Grandmother's House" kit!

Anything else on the layout (envelopes, stamps, notepapers, photo-invitation, all conceived and implemented by me using items from Derek's "Grandmother's House" kit.


When "Grandmother's House" debuts, I will offer a quickpage--which can be used for housewarmings or birthdays--based on this layout. I think i'll make some more stamps, too! Keep your eyeballs peeled!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely.

Rusty said...

So pretty Hun! You always have the most interesting layouts! Love them! God Bless
CC

BitsOScrap said...

This is a very pretty LO! I love how you used the kit to create the items. Fabulous job!