(please click here or on the image to get a better look! click the back arrow to get back to the blog.)KimB, Not that you know me from Eve, but you were one of the people i originally created this blog for. You and the other designers, are so generous with freebies, and i find now, your time and lots of energy; we have questions, you give suggestions, encouragement, steering, and yes, more freebies.
Well, today i bought my first Kim B. Well yeah it was cheap, but it was KimB! Her personal use grab bag. I got it right after the B'day Bash Chat at DSO this morning.
I didn't get started with this until late--i was gonna hit the sack early cause i was not grooving on myself as i usually do; i instead unzipped the files and was hooked. Knew just what i was gonna do with this.
I got this birthday card for my 5oth. It had a picture of a little girl in it who is obviously in the middle of getting her hair done. Before i turned 50 (which is when i turned to dreds) my hair looked like that a lot on my birthday. I would usually braid my hair sometime during that day as my friends lay on the beach sunning themselves, and i did my hair and cooked a beach feast. B E A C H, Y'all! Anyway, back to the card. That year, my 50th b'day year, i got this card; while it doesn't exactly look like me, it reminds me of that look i get when "WOW" is running through my head. When i opened up the Kim folder after unzipping everything. that was the only thing my brain could pull out for word.
I had also taken/had taken some pics of me doing my sons hair while we were on vacation this summer. As you can see, his hair is as long as mine, but he will NOT dred his: he wants braids; so i braid it. It is a production. Just taking it out of the braids takes about 45min-an hour. Washing thoroughly, conditioning, rinsing, toweling dry, another 45 min-one hour. Then drying and braiding can take another 3-4 hours. I made it in under 4 hrs this time. He was very patient and let me take pictures, even knowing that he was gonna be digitally scrapped.
Sooo to make a short story longer, I got everything just about perfect, and was just getting ready to put the last of the writing on the page when i decided i wanted to try a different font. So i went and got a couple of free (shush) ones, and tried to install them. One of them would not install, the other would. But who can say out loud what i did not do before i went to do get the fonts? You got it. I DID NOT SAVE MY PSE file. At all. Not even once. When i clicked the "T" to get to the new font, NADA! Then i look at my other monitor and see the kiss of death "Photoshop Elements has experienced difficulties and has to shut down. We are sorry for the inconvenience." They are sorry for the inconvenience. I am also sorry. and i hope i've learned my lesson but i probably haven't. The lesson--PSE does not have autosave, so i have to save it. ok.
Anyway, here is the layout. I posted it here cause i didn't know which gallery to post in at DSO and this was the easiest place. But i hope all will come here to look and see the story that's too long to post on anyone else's space anyway, lol. That's what my blog is for, so i can run my mouth ad infinitum if i wanna.
Credits for Scary Hair:
credit for Scary Hair
Font is Roddy
All papers and elements from Kim B's B'day Bash Grab Bag (grab it while you can!) copyright Kim Broedelet. Something from each part was used in this LO.
"Hair Scare" word art copyright Beckie Wallace of (tilleyandrose.blogspot.com)
Photos: copyright Heidi Lane (photo in shake'em) all the rest by me or family members.







4 comments:
GIRL!!! You take the CAKE!! WOW- that is some time to do a hair-do! LOL BUT MAN IT LOOKS AWESOME!! WOULD love to braid mine! Just tooo short still-hahaha- I swear I've wanted to for years! Probably scare the *sh-t* out of hubby but he is sooo used to me doing 'out of the usual' things-LOL
Thanks soo sooo sooo much for this- you are tooo kind! And I love the LO!! Put it in your personal album at DSO- or in mine if you want to- would love it there too-
And Um- save save save- hahahahRTOF- Oh man I've learnt that lesson WAHAHAHAHA!
thanks for all girl!
Hugs
kim
Hi Denise! Dropped by to say hi and check out your blog! LOL! So that's how you make 'em sit still: He was very patient and let me take pictures, even knowing that he was gonna be digitally scrapped. Haha!
Thanks for posting the blinkie!
Hi there: I was just going through the comments on Kim's blog and found your site link there.... so I thought I would come and check out your LO. Great job using bits out of her grab bag! I think it's so cool that part of the reason you're blogging is because of her.... she really is one of the nicest people out there in the digi world! She has been a HUGE inspiration for me (before I started sending her my LOs I seriously thought I stunk... but she kept encouraging me.... and I've learned so much and I'm still learning a TON each LO I make!!!) Anyway... I'm writing you a novel here... when all I meant to say is "hi" and keep up the great scrapping! See ya around the net! **Hugs** Beth (I'm on Kim B's CT)
oh now see.. his hair looks good wet! LOL.
Thanks for commenting on my blog!!! Im going to get brave, I bought a relaxer (?) for my curls. Sis is having a birthday party this weekend, so i figured I better wait until next week to use it incase all my hair falls out! LOL...
I love my curls, I just wish they didnt get so dry and frizz out. I have tried everything from "SHINE" which makes my hair look GREASY, yuck. to Hair Dressing, that leave in Carrot oil (GAG, that sh** stinks!) So I guess Im going to try to relax it myself and trim it. And HOPE it doesnt look all dried out!
Anyway, thanks for hitting my blog!!!
~Bunny
Post a Comment